Effective. Efficient. Enterprising.
Representing major industrial facilities in Louisiana, the firm handles a wide variety of state and federal environmental matters. ¬†From regulatory issues pertaining to air quality permitting and compliance issues to release notification obligations, RCRA/HSWA, surface water and groundwater issues, and RECAP (state remediation program), we provide a dynamic, full service approach.¬† We defend clients in state and federal enforcement actions, and our specialized practice includes environmental compliance audits, advice immediately following release events, guidance on environmental management systems, and due diligence related to mergers and acquisitions.
- Counsel to industry trade associations on environmental matters before state and federal agencies.¬† Representation includes analyzing and commenting on various environmental regulations and policies.
- Represented refineries, chemical plants, pipeline companies, wood products facilities and paper mills before the LDEQ in numerous enforcement actions
- Negotiated conditions for air, water and waste permits before the LDEQ and EPA
- Assisted clients in defense of notices of violation (NOVs) issued by State Police
- Assisted clients in obtaining environmental permits for various ‚Äúgreenfield‚ÄĚ facilities in Louisiana.¬† Representation included obtaining applicability determinations for environmental and non-environmental programs and permits
- Negotiated natural resource damages consent decrees with EPA and DOJ
- Assisted clients in federal/state consent decrees relating to New Source Review (NSR)
- Prepared community relations plans and presentations for public hearings
- Represented clients in reinstatement proceeding following automatic debarment due to criminal violation
- Counseled industrial facilities in citizen suit actions related to alleged violations of air quality permits and regulations
- Advised client in obtaining environmental permits for a merchant power plant that involved opposition from the local community
- Prepared state environmental assessment statements (aka ‚ÄėIT Factors‚Äô Analysis) and assisted in federal environmental impact statements (EIS)
- Represented large companies during acquisition of other facilities, including due diligence auditing and assistance in drafting and negotiating purchase and services agreements
- Assisted in permit transfers in connection with mergers/acquisitions and change of ownership
- Directed clients in transactional matters involving environmental impact, including soil and groundwater investigation and remediation issues
- Represented multiple trade associations in rulemaking regarding the state‚Äôs Air Toxics program
- Conducted training at facilities on NSR and Title V permitting requirements, release reporting requirements, and responding to LDEQ/EPA investigations