A Resourceful Advocate
Since 1997, Kyle Beall’s practice has focused exclusively on environmental issues.¬† Located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the firm handles environmental regulatory matters, including permitting, compliance assurance, and enforcement actions, with a particular emphasis on air quality issues. ¬†Mr. Beall counsels clients before federal and state agencies, on release notification and response matters, and during environmental audits.¬† Mr. Beall also has expertise and experience in matters pertaining to property transactions and routinely advises clients on environmental investigations and remedial corrective actions. Additionally, he participates in rulemaking efforts at both the federal and state level.
Prior to opening his own legal practice, Mr. Beall was a partner at the Kean, Miller law firm, and began his career working for an environmental engineering firm.
- Counsel to industry trade associations and their member companies ‚Äď representation includes rulemakings, regulatory interpretations, adjudications,¬† and permitting issues
- Counsel to the Louisiana Pulp and Paper Association (LPPA)
- Counsel to the Louisiana Electric Utility Environmental Group (LEUEG)
- Represented various new ‚Äúgreenfield‚ÄĚ facilities in Louisiana
- Represented industrial facilities in New Source Review (NSR) enforcement actions
- Conducted numerous due diligence reviews for buyers/sellers of industrial property
- Counsel to refineries, chemical plants, and natural gas pipeline systems
- Counsel to electric utility and cogeneration facilities
- Counsel to paper mills and wood products facilities located in Louisiana
- Juris Doctor, University of South Carolina, 1997 (attended third year at LSU Law Center)
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Louisiana State University, 1992
- Louisiana, 1997
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- ¬†Louisiana State Bar Association (Environmental Law Section)
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
Articles, Publications and Presentations:
- Requirements of the Responsible Official, Kean Miller Seminar, 2010.
- Effective Report Writing, Kean Miller Seminar, 2009.
- Louisiana Air Quality Update, Kean Miller Seminar, 2007.
- Title V Permit Deviation Reporting Case Studies, Kean Miller Seminar, 2006.
- LDEQ Enforcement Actions, Kean Miller Seminar, 2006.
- Speaker, Environmental Law Update 2005, Kean Miller Conference Center, February 23, 2005.
- New Source Review Reform in Louisiana, LDEQ Annual Conference, 2005.
- Compliance Certification Issues in 2004, Louisiana Chemical Association/URS Consultants Seminar, 2004.
- Title V Permitting Issues Related to the Pulp and Paper Industry, National Council for Air and Stream Improvement, Inc. (NCASI) Seminar, 2004.
- Criminal Environmental Law Presentation, 2003.
- Startup/Shutdown Authorization, Louisiana Mid-Continent Oil & Gas Association Annual Conference, 2002.
- Federally Permitted Release Exemption, Kean Miller/ERM Seminar, 2002.
- New Source Review (NSR) Enforcement Presentation, Kean Miller/ERM Seminar, 2002.
- Release Reporting in the Age of Title V, Louisiana State Bar Association Environmental Law Section Seminar, 2000.
- A Study of Environmental Politics: The Sandy Island Fiasco, S.C. Envtl. L.J. 17 (Summer 1997) (law review article).
- President, Friends of Open Air Ministries of Baton Rouge (homeless relief organization)
- First Presbyterian Church, Local and Global Mission Committees